TRinE Guide for Students
Going to class as a robot is a special experience. It feels a bit like exploring your own school building or campus in a first-person video game – with the difference that you are in a real place and meet real people. To ensure a smooth integration into school life “as a robot”, there are a few things to keep in mind. We have summarised these in this guide.
Before booking a TR
Always consolidate your educational institution’s policy on the use of a TR and talk to the responsible staff members. Learn more about the following questions:
- Do I need my own login and how do I get one?
- In which cases am I entitled to use a TR?
- What is my time frame for using a TR?
- When do I have to announce that I want to use a TR?
- Do I need special training before using it for the first time?
- Who can support me in using the TR on site?
- Who can I contact if problems occur during use?
- Do I need to sign up
- Do I need access to a specific e-learning system to support TR users?
Recommended Etiquette while using a TR
- Always make sure you have enough time to get from the TR docking station to class and back after class.
- Attend class 5-10 minutes early to get any additional class-specific guidance from the teacher.
- Never log out of the TR without bringing it to the docking station. Always know where to take the TR after the class.
- Identify a buddy (student on site) to be available to support you in class while you use the TR.
- If you are uncomfortable or have problems using the TR, approach your classmates or teacher. Communication is the key!
- Sometimes it is difficult to hear everything around you with the TR. Make your teacher and classmates aware if you don’t understand something. For people who have not used a TR before, it can be difficult to empathise.
- Ask for help if you can’t reach certain areas in the building.
- Never attempt to ride an elevator alone. In the elevator, the Internet connection may be lost and you may get stuck.
- Some areas may be restricted for TR users. Pay attention to the rules of the institution!
- Always be careful while using the TR. Remember, you are moving in a real environment and not in a video game. 😉
Don’t forget to charge your TR!
Always return your TR to its docking station after the lesson and make sure that the docking station is plugged in. If you are operating a TR and notice that you are running out of power, ask a student or staff member on site to charge the TR in time.